Law School Admissions Questions and Answers

I've previously interviewed law school admission consultant Anna Ivey. (Topics covered include which law schools are worth attending and appropriate addendum topics.)

Anna recently informed me that she's holding a free one-hour web chat titled Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Law School Admissions But Were Afraid to Ask.

It'll be on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 from 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time.

Here's the official description of it:

Event Summary

The chat content will be driven by the applicants/participants. The kinds of questions we will cover are ones like these:

How should I pick my recommenders?

Should I pick the easy courses and juice my transcript, or take the harder classes and risk lower grades?

How do schools look at multiple LSAT scores? Cancellations? No shows? [Ed: My detailed analysis of the cancellation vs. no show issue is in Cancel, Postpone, or Absence? -Steve]

How do I explain my C in Organic Chemistry/my switch in major/the semester I took off because of my eating disorder?

Do I have to disclose my academic probation/my minor-in-possession charge/my expunged teenage shoplifting record? How would they even find out?

Should I be applying right out of college? Is there an advantage to doing so? Would it help to get a master’s degree in between?

My mother thinks I should write my application essay about the Math Olympiad I won in high school. Is that a good idea?


Presenter's Bio

Founder of Ivey Consulting, Anna Ivey received her undergraduate degree at Columbia University and her law degree at the University of Chicago. After practicing corporate and entertainment law in California, she returned to the University of Chicago to serve as Associate Director and then Dean of Admissions. Today, she leads a team of consultants who counsel college, law school, and business school applicants through the admissions process and their longer-term academic and career planning. Anna is the author of The Ivey Guide to Law School Admissions and also serves as Vice President of AIGAC.



2 comments:

  1. dammit. Sorry I missed this.

    Michelle from fb (June 2010 LSAT group)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way to review this webinar?

    ReplyDelete